Senatorial candidate Mark Villar assured that he will continue backing the completion of crucial infrastructure projects in Bulacan, which is considered as the gateway to the Northern Philippines.
Villar, who served as Public Works chief under the Duterte administration, said he has saw a significant progress in terms of public mobility due to the infrastructure they have laid down in the province as part of the “Build, Build, Build” program.
“Patuloy naming susuportahan ang mga pangunahing imprastraktura sa Bulacan. Ang mga natapos at mga kasalukuyang proyekto ay inaasahang makakatulong sa pagpapabuti ng sitwasyon ng trapiko sa lalawigan, particularly in the first and second districts,” Villar said in a statement.
Some of the many ongoing and completed infrastructure projects in Bulacan are:
- Plaridel Bypass Road Project, a 24.61-kilometer new arterial road traversing the municipalities of Balagtas, Guiguinto, Plaridel, Bustos, and San Rafael in the province of Bulacan which is expected cut travel time between NLEX-Balagtas to Maharlika Highway in San Rafael by as much as 30 minutes.
- Pulilan-Baliuag Diversion Road, which cuts the travel time between the towns of Baliuag and Pulilan in Bulacan from one hour to only 30 minutes.
- The 5.14-kilometer Bypass Road – Ciudad de Victoria Interchange Bypass Road, which will reduce travel time from Bocaue to Sta. Maria in Bulacan from 50 minutes to only 15 minutes.
- The 24.61-kilometer Arterial Angat Bridge along Plaridel Bypass Road which will cut the average travel time of approximately 15,000 motorists per day between Borol 2nd, Balagtas, and Maasim, San Rafael, from 69 to 24 minutes.
- The San Jose Del Monte-Doña Remedios Trinidad (SJDM-DRT) Bypass Road which will shorten the travel time going to or from San Jose Del Monte City and Doña Remedios Trinidad (DRT) from the current over an hour to less than 20 minutes.
“These public infrastructures will improve public mobility, productivity and help boost economic activity in the province,” said Villar.
“Masaya ako na nakikita ko yung development projects sa Bulacan na makakatulong sa ating mga kababayan. Ang Bulacan ay may mahalagang kontribusyon para ikonekta at palawakin ang negosyo, trabaho, at iba pang oportunidad sa pagitan ng NCR at sa buong bahagi ng Luzon,” Villar said.
(I’m glad to see development projects in Bulacan that would help our countrymen. Bulacan is very significant that we need to connect and expand it for the sake of business, employment at other opportunities between Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon.)
Writeup and image source:
Inquirer.net, 04 March 2022
By: Dennis Gutierrez, Contributor