CHARLIE ANICETO V. GORAYEB
Chairman of the Board, CREBA
Chairman, CREBA Advocacy & Legislative Affairs Committee
Honorary Consul General, Republic of Djibouti
Mr. Charlie A.V. Gorayeb was alternately Chair and President of the Chamber of Real Estate & Builders’ Associations (CREBA) for a record number of years.
He was also long-term Chair of CREBA’s powerful Advocacy & Legislative Affairs Committee (ALACOM). In that capacity, he spearheaded the study/review of congressional bills and incipient policies/rules and issues concerning the Philippine real estate and housing industry, the formulation of legislative proposals and policy recommendations for the benefit of the industry, the economy and the homeless, and the generation of support for CREBA advocacies from Congress, governmental bodies concerned and the public.
A true-blue Batangueño, Charlie was an accomplished executive and businessman. He prided himself in being a self-made man who started being self-supporting at a very young age, having worked his way through school by taking in various menial jobs. Patience, hard work, wholehearted dedication to his chosen career, and sheer determination to succeed were at the core of his success.
His humble beginnings molded Charlie into a well-rounded, hands-on executive who understands the minute details and nitty-gritty of the ventures he embarks upon, and more importantly, the aspirations and predicaments of even lowly laborers.
Though a demanding perfectionist, his empathy drove him to provide for his employees over and above the mandatory requirements.
The success of the firms and organizations under his command was as much a tribute to his professionalism, benevolence and charismatic leadership, as it was the result of the hard work, loyalty and commitment of his staff and associates.
A beloved figure in CREBA and a well-respected figure in the real estate industry and diplomatic circles, Charlie joined his maker on May 5, 2023 at 81.
- Goram Development Corporation – a construction and development firm (Chairman of the Board/CEO)
- Dolores Industrial Park Corporation – a special ECOZONE in Malvar, Batangas (Owner, developer & Chairman of the Board)
- Alta-Agri Corporation – an agricultural production firm (Chairman of the Board/President)
- Red Sea Construction & Realty Corporation – a mineral/aggregates production firm (Chairman of the Board/President)
- Concrete Ventures Group – a manufacturer of concrete products (Chairman of the Board/CEO)
- Republic of Djibouti Philippine Consulate
- Chamber of Real Estate & Builders’ Associations (CREBA)
- CREBA-National Association of Realtors
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC), Jose Rizal College
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Santo Tomas